PT Sharp Indonesia Karawang, Energy Management System and Energy Audit.
Sharp Indonesia is the leading home appliance manufacturer in Indonesia. The main factory in KIIC is one of the largest home appliance manufacturer in Indonesia, producing washing machine, air conditioner and also a refrigerator.
Sharp Indonesia commit to conserving energy by implementing ISO 50001 Energy Management System. In order to enhance the Energy Management System implementation and also enhance their staff competence, In September 2017 Sharp Indonesia held Training for Energy Audit. This training has been done by Mr Daud Yogasara, founder of PowerTrain.
ISO 50001 implementation required to determine energy baseline. This Energy Baseline is the method of organization to determine what kind of energy source, how big the consumption, what is the efficiency compare to similar equipment and function and so on.
The Energy Baseline determination has required the knowledge on Energy Auditing. This is not about Energy Management system audit which more focus on Management System. Energy Audit is more technical to determine the Energy Baseline and Energy parameter.
Energy Audit Training
Energy Audit training in Sharp Indonesia has done with some stages
- Understanding primary equipment that significantly consuming energy
- On the job training on measure energy parameter. This required meters and measuring equipment to do. Including ampere meter, infrared thermometer, and built-in meter on the equipment
- Determine the balance of energy. Some exercise during training is to measure the effectiveness of heat exchanger, calculate balance energy based on manual and use primary data to determine the actual condition
- Determine the energy efficiency and determine the opportunity for improvement
- Development Energy Audit report
This energy audit training combined theoretical and practical which is 50% of the training is practical in the field.